Human Resources Generalist – State College
|Location:||State College, PA|
|Salary Range:||Starting rate - $43,649|
|Benefits:||We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits and great work environment. Along with excellent medical and retirement programs and a generous leave package, our workplace offers tuition reimbursement, and on-site educational opportunities.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
PSECU, a $4 billion full service financial institution, is seeking a Human Resources Generalist for their State College location.
This position will provide Human Resource support which includes employment, benefit
administration, communication and reporting, event planning and transactional
duties for the Human Resource Department (HRD).
Requires travel to PSECU office locations. Experience with Ultimate UltiPro Software preferred. Experience in a union environment a plus.
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, vision, dental,
prescription, retirement programs and tuition reimbursement.
- Serves as first point of contact for employees and external persons seeking information from HRD; e.g. General employment questions, labor/employee relations issues, Collective Bargaining Agreement issues, HR policy and pay practices, temporary badges, parking passes, personnel file requests, benefit questions, employee services etc.
- Handle both internal and external recruitment and selection for open PSECU positions. Responsible for pre-screening applications, referring applicants for open positions, scheduling and conducting interviews, testing and background checks.
- Assist in compliance with federal and state regulations concerning benefit and employment areas and maintains a working knowledge of
the collective bargaining agreement and PSECU Human Resources policies.
- Write and place employment advertisements when needed. Processes and verifies advertising agency billings information upon receipt.
- Must be familiar with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action programs, policies and procedures and updates the HR information system dealing with staffing, testing and affirmative action information in a timely manner.
- Responsible for new hire processing, which includes the offer letter, coordination/review of required new employee paperwork, and new employee orientation.
- Perform routine HRIS entries and updates connected to HR functional areas; for example, maintain and update multiple HR information systems and verifying accuracy of information.
- Assist with Benefit and Wellness Incentive Plan administration.
- Assist with event planning and implementation. Events include training and programs provided by HRD staff; e.g. training, wellness program, ergonomic reviews, employee social events, volunteer opportunity programs.
- Assist the Lead Call Center Manager with building or operational needs when necessary which may include assisting with the orderly
maintenance of the State College facility, security events (fire alarm, burglar alarm), vendor deliveries, vendor management and other miscellaneous related duties.
- Responsible for routine communications from HRD to staff, organizational groups and government agencies; e.g. new hires notices, separation notices, EEO filings, training material, portal announcements, monthly refreshers and creates and posts feedback from surveys.
Bachelor's degree preferred with concentration in Business, Human Resources or Labor Relations program of study or any equivalent combination of education and
Two year's work experience in the Human Resources field with exposure to hiring,employees' benefits, training, labor relations and employee communications.
Two years experience with Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, access) and HRMS/HRIS software. Prefer experience with UltiPro, Dream Weaver, Survey Monkey, RoboHelp, Photoshop, ReQlogic.
Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws affecting employee benefits, employment and payroll.
Communicate and interact effectively with all levels of the organization and external contacts through both verbal and writing skills.
Must be bondable and credit worthy.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.